My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://vmpyrdavid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

10 October 2007

Good News, Bad News, Good News, Go Me!!

Good News:
The wife is flying back to the US tomorrow!! She's been away in Jolly Ole' for the past 3 weeks. :eek3: I sure do miss her!

Bad News:
As of 3 hours ago (give or take) I still had not cleaned up the house. I'd done a bit, but the job wasn't finished. I had already kicked the hookers out, took all the beer cans & bottles to the recycling joint, and returned the 4 kegs to get my deposit back. I kid... there were no kegs.

Anyway, I get home from work today and start straightening up the first floor rooms (I kept them quite nice anyway cause you can see 'em from the street) and run upstairs to get the vacuum. HOLY HELL. The upstairs A/C was out Again. Must have been in the high 80's because it was at least 90 outside. Yes 90. We had close to a record breaking day in the weather department here in Chucktown. So, I call the M-i-L, cause she's picking my Redheaded-Sweetpea up at the airport tomorrow afternoon, to have my Dearest call me when she arrives in CLT. She might not want to drive 3 hours home to sleep in a sweaty house. You never know.

Ok. now cleaning the upstairs is on hold. Dammit.

I go outside to check the disconnect on the condenser. The contacts look like one of Hannibal Lecter's first kills that's been sitting out in the sun for a while. Ok. That's easy to fix. Break out the dremel and remove all the corrosion. Slap it back in, still Nada. Ok, maybe the internals are Fubar. No problem. Lowe's is still open. Jump in the MINI, drive out to Lowe's. Aw Maaan. Is it a 30 Amp box or a 60 Amp box. Back in the MINI, pull in the drive, hop out, check the panel. 60 Amp. Cool. Back to Lowe's. Replace the box. It's now way past dark and I'm getting a tan on one side of my face from the 500 watt halogen work lamp I've got 5 inches away. Box is in, power back on... wait for it, wait for iiiiiit....


Not Jack Shit. Pickles.


It's ok. I'll sleep on the couch downstairs. Now i just have to finish cleaning up in the sweltering dustbunny ridden area of my house known as The Upstairs.

Clean clean clean. Sweep sweep sweep, spray wipe spray wipe. Done.

Take a break. Get something to eat, why don't ya. OK.

While I'm sitting down eating a tasty sandwich and watching reruns of the 2007 World Series of Poker (The Main Event), I have a thought.

The Internets Will Help You with the A/C!! Cool Beans! And ya know what? It DID!

Good News:
I Fixded It!! I now have proper cooling coming from my vents! Google is My Freyends.


Cliff Notes for the reading comprehension impared:
1. Wife is coming home from extended overseas business trip.
2. A/C in the house is broken
3. I fixed the A/C.
4. Pickles is a dirty word.

No comments: