My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://vmpyrdavid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

16 January 2006

Catching Up Travelblog v1

So yeah, we finally are in the air on the way to England. I was beginning to think it might never happen. Took forever to get the house completely packed up & have everything moved to the storage unit. I became quite proficient in packing a MINI. Still, on the last day of toting stuff that wasn't too large to fit in the MINI I think I made at least 5 trips. You'd be amazed how much crap you can fit in the boot with the seats down. Truly amazing.

Anyways, we were supposed to leave back on Wednesday the 11th. Well the passports & visas were taking their sweet time coming back from NYC. Wating on the British Embassy to approve them or something to that affect. I don't really know. So Heather rescheduled our plane tickets to leave on Saturday (today) from Charlotte. That gave me a bit of extra time to get everything squared away in Charleston (5 trips, I tell ya). I still felt I'd never get everything done. Finally got word Thursday that the visas were approved and would be shipping out on Friday for a Saturday delivery. We decided to have them shipped to Greenville and meet them there Saturday morning after I dropped the MINI off to be warehoused.

When the bell rang I think Heather & I felt this massive weight lift. We were Legal!! We could leave!!!

So here we are. On the Plane. Heather is watching some weird movie on the little LCD screen in the headrest and I'm typing away on the laptop until the battery dies. By the time you read this we'll be in England cause there ain't no wireless up here over the Atlantic.

Until then,

Cheers!

No comments: