My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://vmpyrdavid.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

18 January 2008

I Can't Wait. Part ??

For Saturday to be over. For two reasons. One is a long term(-ish) goal, and the second is more immediate.

The Long Term(-ish):
1. I'll be done with work & on my way to catch a plane to The Happiest Place on Earth.

The more immediate/annoying reason:
2. The South Carolina Republican Primary will have happened.

I'm quite tired of ignoring the ringing telephone with 800 numbers and New York area code prefixes. Apparently the GOP thinks I am a registered Republican (which I'm not) or that I may swing vote to the dark side (which I won't). They've called 3 times tonight. In the span of one TV show. Luckily at La Casa Púrpura we have Caller ID, and it shows up on the TV. But still, it rings and rings and rings and rings until voice mail picks up. And then I have to go check the message just to make sure it wasn't someone I need to ring back.

"blah blah blah, Ron Paul has the best blah blah blah" -=press 3 to delete message=-

3

"Senator John McCain blah blah more blah" -=press 3 to delete message=-

3

-=CLICK=-

It has gone on for 2 weeks now. Thankfully we'll be in Sunny Florida when the SC Democratic Primary rolls around next week. That's all I need now is Clinton and Obama going at it on my voicemail. Hilary already called twice last week asking for The Wife. Didn't want to speak to me either time. Bitch.

One good thing has come out of all this nonsense: I know my dog isn't a Paultard. Seems that Ron Paul and his Lemming Flock of Paultards stole a blimp last week, painted "Ron Paul: Who is He?" on the sides and buzzed the downtown peninsula for 2 days. In the rain. And high winds. I was letting the dog out to take a crap Sunday afternoon and she went ape-shit barking at that damn blimp. Not like she does when she wants the squirrels to come down out of the pecan tree so she can eat 'em. It was like she was trying to intimidate a grizzly into backing out of a mauling. Greatest thing that dog has ever done. Well besides eating her own poop when she shits in the house so I don't have to clean it up.

The dog might really be a Republican (she is a dog after all, what does she really know) but I at least know she's not a Complete Idiot.

No comments: